MINI MEXICAN CHILI BITES
3-4 Tortilla Shells
2 (15oz) Cans of Chili
1 Cup Shredded Cheese
Small can of Black Olives (sliced)
3-4 Scallions/ green onions (finely sliced)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
The options are really endless. I love to do taco meat (I use Simply Organics Taco Seasoning) and top with Chihuahua Cheese and then when it comes out of the oven I add fresh salsa and guacamole.
– Using a cookie cutter or round lid cut circles out of the tortilla’s. (Note: It’s easier to cut them when they’re cold).
– Then pop the circles into the microwave for 10 seconds so that the tortilla’s become more pliable. Press them snuggly them into the bottom of your mini muffin pan.
– Pre-heat your oven to 425F. Then open and drain all the liquid from your chili (you don’t want it to make the tortilla cups soggy). Spoon a little chili into each tortilla cup and press down with the back of your spoon so it doesn’t spill over.
– Top each chili filled cup with a little grated cheese, a few olive slices and a sprinkling of finely sliced green onion.
– Pop the tray into the oven for just 10-12 minutes, until the tortilla shells are crisp and the cheese is melted.
– Serve on a bed of chopped lettuce and with a dollop of sour cream on each one. You can even serve with some salsa for dipping…though there are good just as!