1. HOMEMADE OREO ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Chocolate Cookie Crust
½ cup butter
1¼ cups semi sweet chocolate
1 cup flour
½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
1½ cups sugar
Oreo Cookie Ice Cream
Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped for garnish
1) For the chocolate cookie crust, preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a microwave-safe dish, melt the butter and chocolate. Let cool. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk sugar and eggs until well combined. Whisk in melted chocolate and fold in flour mixture, just until flour disappears. Scoop 3 tbsp of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet, pressing dough down slightly. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Using a round cookie cutter, cut the cookies to make 12 even circles.
3) For the ice cream, allow it to soften for 5 minutes. Spread the ice cream into a 13x9-inch baking pan that has been covered on the bottom with plastic wrap. Place in freezer for 1 hour.
4) To assemble ice cream sandwiches, cut out ice cream circles using a round cookie cutter that is slightly smaller than the one used for the cookies. Place ice cream between 2 cookies, garnish edges with chopped cookies and wrap each sandwich with plastic wrap. Store in freezer until ready to serve.
2. SPRINKLE ICE CREAM PIE RECIPE WITH RICE KRISPIE CRUST
8 ounces white chocolate
4 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1/4 cup sprinkles
3 cups vanilla bean ice cream
½ cup heavy cream
3/4 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
1 tablespoon sprinkles
Melt 8 ounces of the white chocolate for the crust in a large heat safe bowl placed over a pan filled with shallow boiling water (double boiler). Melt until smooth, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in rice krispie cereal and sprinkles until everything is all coated with white chocolate.
Spray a 9- or 10-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and press the rice krispie mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan evenly. Don’t press too hard or your crust will become very hard.
Freeze crust for 15 minutes. At the same time, take ice cream out of the freezer, and set on counter to soften.
Fill crust with softened ice cream – it should be roughly even with the top of the crust. Smooth out so it is flat. Place in freezer and freeze until nearly solid, 1-2 hours.
Meanwhile, heat heavy cream in microwave or on stove until bubbling but not boiling. Pour cream over remaining 3/4 cup of white chocolate and let set for 1 minute before stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
When ice cream has hardened and ganache has cooled to room temperature, pour the ganache over the ice cream and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sprinkles. Freeze again until about 15-20 minutes prior to serving. At that time, remove from freezer to let soften slightly for 5-10 minutes before slicing with a very hot knife.
3. SMORE'S ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
2 cups mini marshmallows, toasted
2- 1.55 oz Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars (or chocolate of your choice), roughly chopped
18 graham cracker squares
1 pint vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
Line an 8-inch square pan with plastic wrap, allow some plastic wrap to hang over the sides. Line the bottom of the pan with 9 graham crackers.
Move oven rack to top 1/3 of oven. Set oven to broil. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (for easy cleaning). Evenly distribute mini marshmallows on sheet. Place in oven for 10-15 seconds. They will toast in the blink of an eye. Keep a very close eye on the marshmallows. They will BURN in seconds. Let toasted marshmallows cool. Alternatively, toast marshmallows using a kitchen torch.
Place pint of ice cream in a large mixing bowl. Add toasted marshmallows and fold to combine. Add chopped chocolate and fold to combine. Make sure marshmallows and chocolate are evenly distributed. Transfer ice cream mixture to graham cracker lined pan. Use the back of a spoon or a mini offset spatula to distribute ice cream in an even layer.
Place remaining 9 graham cracker squares over ice cream. Make sure that the top crackers are in line with the bottom crackers. Cover with plastic wrap and gently push down to ensure crackers are attached to the ice cream. Store in freezer for at least 3 hours, or until ice cream has hardened.
Use the overhanging plastic wrap to gently lift ice cream sandwiches out of square pan. Remove plastic wrap and transfer sandwich to cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut ice cream sandwiches into 9 individual servings. Place back in freezer for 10-15 minutes before serving, as the ice cream make begin to melt as you are cutting the slices. Serve frozen and enjoy.
4. MINT ICE CREAM OREO TART
1 pint Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream , let it sit out to soften a bit before using
26 Oreo cookies
4 Tbsp Butter
2 c Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 c Heavy Cream
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a food processor puree the Oreo cookies until they are a fine crumble.
Melt the butter and add it to the cookie crumbs. Stir until the crumbs are moist and then press the mixture into a 9-inch tart pan covering the bottom and up the sides.
Bake the tart crust for 7-9 minutes or until crust is firm.
Let the tart cool to room temperature them place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes remove the crust from the freezer and spread softened mint chocolate chip ice cream over it evenly filling the tart about halfway to 3/4 of the way up.
Place the tart back in the freezer while you make the ganache.
Heat the heavy cream in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
Remove and pour over the chocolate immediately, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
Keep stirring to let the mixture cool slightly but not too long because you want the ganache to pour easily.
Remove the tart from the freezer and pour the ganache over it using a knife to smooth out the top.
Place the tart back in the freezer until ready to serve or at least 30 minutes.